Join the SHC Community on Slack!
We are excited to announce the launch of our SHC Community on Slack – a dynamic, interactive platform dedicated to fostering collaboration, sharing resources with peers across the country, and getting inspired. This community supports the mission of overcoming homelessness through education.
👉 In SchoolHouse Connection’s recent national survey of school district homeless liaisons, nearly 40% of respondents said that getting examples and tools from other LEAs that have been able to spend ARP-HCY funds to meet needs would be helpful to their local efforts. SHC’s Slack Community is designed to help promote exactly this kind of sharing!
What is Slack?
How is this different from SHC’s Facebook Group?
Slack provides several key advantages over Facebook Groups, such as enhanced organization and structure, superior communication tools, customizable notification settings, and a more professional atmosphere. Additionally, it’s important to note that some users, particularly in school districts, face firewall restrictions when accessing Facebook. Given these considerations, we have decided to phase out SHC’s Facebook Group by the end of this year.
- Networking: Connect with a diverse group of liaisons, advocates, service providers, higher education professionals, and other key stakeholders working to improve the lives of children, youth, and families experiencing homelessness.
- Resource Sharing: Gain access to a wealth of resources, best practices, and innovative ideas – shared by the community and by SchoolHouse Connection.
- Real-Time Collaboration: Engage in discussions, collaborate with peers, and participate in brainstorming sessions. (SHC staff will be on SHC Community Slack periodically, BUT we will not monitor it all the time, and we cannot provide immediate responses.
- Advocacy and Updates: Stay informed about the latest state and federal policy developments and advocacy opportunities in our field.
How to Join?
- Please fill out this short, 4-question form!
- For a tutorial on how to use the SHC Community on Slack, check out the SHC Community Slack User Guide!
Need Help? If you’re new to Slack or have any questions about how to make the most out of the SHC Community, please email email@example.com.