The application is closed.
Please check back in June 2022.
- Provides scholarships to youth who have experienced homelessness to ensure their completion of a post-secondary education program.
- Assists youth with financial aid processes, mental health advocacy and referrals, professional legal advocacy and referrals, and assistance in locating and establishing local contacts for general support and services.
- Builds a stable peer and adult support network for recipients, before, during, and after their college careers, and into their transition into the workforce.
- Offers young people meaningful opportunities to engage in advocacy, while providing sustained support services to help ensure graduation and success in life.
- $2,000 scholarship award.
- A minimum of 10 scholarships are awarded.
- A trip to a national awards ceremony (travel and expenses included).
- Second gathering in Washington, DC, one year after the initial scholarship award (all expenses included).
- One on one support from SchoolHouse Connection staff to ensure that you are successful in getting to and through higher education.
COVID-19 Precautions: We are monitoring travel restrictions and are prioritizing the safety of SchoolHouse Connection Scholars. Scholar trips remain an integral and essential part of the YLS program, but are postponed at the present time for safety. If selected, you will be able to attend both trips once it is safe to travel.
Meet SHC’s Scholars
It is our pleasure to announce SchoolHouse Connection’s 2022 scholar class: Narcizo, OR, Melody, GA, Daniela, TX, Jessica, MO, Juan, CA, Maya, HI, Alan, NC, Briley, GA, Lilly, MO, Conrad, LA, Dariel, FL.
It is our pleasure to announce SchoolHouse Connection’s 2021 scholar class: Storm, AL, Precious, CA, Chandler, WA, Jordan, AK, Jahnee, FL, Hannah, OR, Eric, TX, Lexi, OR, Cire’, OH, Samantha, FL
It is our pleasure to announce SchoolHouse Connection’s 2020 scholar class: Diego, ID, Cecelia, CA, Samantha, MO, Kayla, NC, Caitlin, TX, Ashley, AZ, Lanie, MO, Hayden, KY, Carlos, OK, Phoenix, MT.
It is our pleasure to announce SchoolHouse Connection’s 2019 scholar class: Anthony, CA, Brandon, CA, Cheyenne, NC, Hailey, IN, Juan, AK, Jayson, NC, Tara, MD, Rebecca, FL, Star, WA, Syerra, CA
It is our pleasure to announce SchoolHouse Connection’s 2018 scholar class: Joshua, WI, Jonathan, TX, Miguel, NC, Christine, NY, Destiny, CA, Stormy, MT, Aseret, IN, Daniel, WA, Lorinda, MO, Nikki, NC.
Youth Leadership and Scholarship Program Partners
SchoolHouse Connection’s Youth Leadership and Scholarship program partners with companies, nonprofits, organizations, and individuals around the country who are passionate about meeting the needs of students experiencing homelessness. Our partners contribute in many different ways and their ideas, time, and in-kind and monetary support help us to ensure that our scholars are successful in getting to and through higher education.
The mission of the Extra Help Fund is to give some “extra” financial assistance to students who have experienced homelessness, are graduating high school with a diploma or GED certificate, and have been accepted to a college or trade school. The Extra Help Fund has chosen SchoolHouse Connection as their partner non-profit organization to receive their donations. Extra Help donations can be used for dorm fees, meals, a needed laptop, internet service fees, transportation, books, emergency medical help, or whatever may be needed and as determined between the student and their advisor.
The Extra Help Fund is a donor advised fund through the Community Foundation of Palm Beach and Martin Counties. Profits from sales at ChariTEES.org; a division of The Firestone Group Inc of Boca Raton, Florida , will be used to help fund this initiative.
View the full Partnership Description HERE.