Answer: We have a document that summarizes general minor medical consent rules state by state, including vaccines. Most states allow unaccompanied youth to consent for routine health care. In states that do not have a law, liaisons can try to help the youth get consent from a parent or legal guardian.  There usually are health care providers who will work with youth who need help and accept consent from a parent by phone, but the trick is finding such providers.   If possible, liaisons can try to work with parents to sign a health care power of attorney to give someone else the right to consent.  Those powers of attorney do not limit parental rights at all— they just give rights to a third party to consent.

Read more Q&A from Our Inbox

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This