Answer: If you have not worked with this student, it would not be appropriate for the school district to provide a verification letter. However, the student can get verification from a TRIO or GEAR UP program, or a program or shelter that supports youth experiencing homelessness, if the student has been involved in such programs. Otherwise, the student would have to reach out to the financial aid administrator at the school they are applying to and ask for an unaccompanied youth determination from that office.

Read more Q&A from Our Inbox

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This