Answer: FAAs are not only authorized to make determinations of UHY status, but they are also required to do so if a student doesn’t have a determination from a party that is authorized by the HEA. A documented interview with the student can serve the purpose of documentation in these situations. You can utilize the NCHE FAA determination tool here.  So you should conduct an interview, make the UHY determination, and correct the FAFSA accordingly.

Read more Q&A from Our Inbox

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This