Answer: Yes, you are able to provide services and support without a parent signature. In fact, you must provide appropriate services to all eligible children and youth, without a parent’s signature. As you know, parents may have many reasons for not signing paperwork admitting to homelessness. You need to provide services regardless, if you determine the child is experiencing homelessness.  At the same time, the parent can decline services.  That is the parent’s right.  Either way, you should count all children you identify as homeless in your data, regardless of signatures or services provided.

Read more Q&A from Our Inbox

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This