💻 Leveraging ARP-HCY Funds to Empower Students Experiencing Homelessness through Community Agency Partnerships
Date: Wednesday, February 7, 2024
Time: 3:00 – 4:15 PM Eastern
Join us for an insightful webinar on how educational agencies can maximize the impact of American Rescue Plan- Homeless Children and Youth (ARP-HCY) funds by fostering strategic partnerships with community agencies to create a comprehensive support system for students facing homelessness. Key topics include:
- Building Community Partnerships: Discover the power of collaboration by forging strong partnerships with local community agencies. Learn how to leverage these relationships to extend the reach of ARP-HCY funds and provide holistic support to students.
- Program Implementation: Get practical insights into designing and implementing programs that directly benefit homeless students. Understand the key components of successful initiatives and best practices for maximizing positive outcomes.
- Success Stories: Hear inspiring success stories from institutions that have effectively utilized ARP-HCY funds in collaboration with community agencies to make a meaningful impact on the lives of students experiencing homelessness.
Don’t miss this opportunity to equip yourself with the knowledge and tools needed to make a lasting difference in the lives of vulnerable students. Join us for an engaging discussion that aims to create a brighter future for every student, regardless of their housing situation.
- Casey Gordon, Supervisor of Special Populations, Regional McKinney-Vento Coordinator – Allegan & Kent Counties, Michigan
- Lisa Cruden, LMSW, Chief Programs Officer, Family Promise of West Michigan
- Debra Salguero, Family Service Coordinator, Family Promise of West Michigan
- Barbara Duffield, Executive Director, SchoolHouse Connection
📄 Access ARP-HCY Sample Forms and MOUs
This page contains examples of forms, agreements, and other resources that support the use of ARP-HCY funds for students experiencing homelessness. SchoolHouse Connection is very grateful to the school districts and agencies who have agreed to share these adaptable, “plug and play” resources with their peers. being listed on this page does not imply endorsement of a particular vendor. If you have a sample form, agreement, or other resource you’d be willing to share, please email us.
- Sample forms for Store and Gas Cards
- Sample MOUs/Agreements for Motels
- Sample MOUs/Agreements with Community Based Organizations
Connect, Share, and Collaborate on ARP-HCY through Slack
In SHC’s recent national survey of school district homeless liaisons, 40% of school district homeless liaisons stated it would be helpful to review examples and tools from other LEAs that have been able to spend ARP-HCY funds to meet needs; 25% want sample MOUs and contracts that can be adopted for their needs; and 19% want assistance identifying local community-based organizations with which to subcontract with ARP-HCY funds.
SHC’s newly launched Community on Slack – a dynamic, interactive platform – was designed to bring our community together to help with peer-to-peer sharing. Take a look at the various ARP-HCY channels to exchange ideas, strategies, and success stories with peers across the country.