Got FOMO? Here’s SHC’s NAEHCY Recap.
We enjoyed presenting seven sessions at the NAEHCY conference this week in New Orleans. Didn’t get to attend? Check out our presentations and pictures below.
- Supporting Immigrant and Migrant Students Experiencing Homelessness
- What’s Hot on the Hill: A Federal Policy and Advocacy Update
- How Liaisons Help Drive State Policy Reform
- How Homeless Higher Education Liaisons Support College Students
- Filling out the FAFSA for Homeless Youth: Updates, Advice, and Advocacy
- Strategies and Best Practices for Supporting the Mental Health of Studenhttps://schoolhouseconnection.org/wp-admin/admin.php?page=handl-utm-grabber.phpts Experiencing Homelessness
- Raising Potential: Increasing School Readiness through Creative Early Childhood/K-12 Partnerships
📄 SHC rocking it at our exhibit booth!
We had a blast connecting with everyone (new & seasoned) at our exhibit table. Here’s what one participant said: “It’s so nice to see you all in person instead of a screen. YOU ARE REAL! I relied so much on SchoolHouse Connection when I first started out as a liaison. Thank you for all you do!”
No need to worry if you missed our exhibit booth! We covered details about our scholarship program and various SHC resources at our exhibit table. All the materials can be found neatly organized in this folder.
👕New SHC swag for sale!
We’re thrilled to introduce the latest SHC swag design! If you missed the opportunity to grab them at the exhibit booth, no worries – you can now make your purchase online. Our collection includes various styles such as crewneck sweatshirts, classic unisex tees, pullover hoodies, and premium unisex tees.
Every purchase contributes to our Youth Leadership and Scholarship Program.
📰 In Other News!
Be sure to sign up for our “Tips and Tools for Using ARP-HCY Funds to Support Students Experiencing Homelessness” webinars below:
- Wednesday, November 15 · 3-4 pm Eastern, featuring presenters from Hacienda La Puente Unified School District, California
- Wednesday, November 29 · 3-4 pm Eastern, featuring presenters from Greece Central School District, New York
Take Our Survey
In 2020, SHC’s survey of LEA homeless liaisons helped secure $800 million in ARP-HCY funds. We need your input again. Please fill out this quick 10-minute survey—no research needed. Your responses will empower us to aid policymakers, administrators, and school officials in maximizing this last year of funding to support homeless children and youth.
Scholarship Deadline is November 24!
Our program is one of the nation’s only national scholarship programs specifically serving youth that have experienced homelessness. The goal of our program is to provide financial assistance and staff and peer support to ensure that you are successful in getting to and through higher education and into the workforce.