WE ARE HIRING!
We are looking for professional, detail-oriented, and ambitious people, motivated by our mission, to join our results-oriented, hard-working team.
The Communications Intern will work with the Senior Communications Manager on digital media to elevate the issue of child, youth, and family homelessness, specifically education from birth through higher education.
This is an unpaid internship position with a minimum commitment of 5-10 hours per week for six months, with the possibility of extension. If course credits are available for this internship, we will work with the university and the intern to help secure those credits. Professional development opportunities also may be available. This is a work-from-home position, as are all SHC positions.
The Communications Intern will:
- Participate in biweekly conference calls with our communications firm and weekly conference calls with our Senior Communications Manager.
- Manage content creation and scheduling on all social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) by creating a content calendar under the supervision of the Senior Communications Manager.
- Compile relevant media lists and pitch reporters on op-eds, letters to the editor, press releases, etc.
- Perform a website audit and suggest ways to improve the appearance of the website and user experience.
- Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned by the Senior Communications Manager.
The ideal candidate will be working toward a degree in communications, marketing, public relations, digital media, non-profit management, or a related field.
SchoolHouse Connection is committed to developing a diverse and dynamic team and strongly encourages applications from people of color, individuals with disabilities, and LGBT individuals. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.
- Proficient in basic online technology, including google forms, WordPress, and various social media platforms.
- Proficient in design and video
- Active listening and problem-solving skills.
- A high level of attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness.
- Demonstrated commitment to SHC’s advocacy principles.
- Sound judgment and respect for confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to exhibit professionalism in representing the organization, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage competing demands/multiple assignments through effective time management
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to work independently
Please email a cover letter, resume, and social media samples (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram posts) to email@example.com