On April 29, 2021, the bipartisan Homeless Children and Youth Act (S.1469) was reintroduced in the U.S. Senate by Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), Senator Rob Portman (R-OH), and Senator Tammy Baldwin (D-WI).
This bipartisan legislation corrects long-standing flaws in the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) homeless assistance for children, youth, and families.
Take Action to Support HCYA
1. Urge your U.S. Representative and U.S. Senators to sign-on as a co-sponsor of S. 1469.
- Use this action form to:
- Send a letter to your US Representatives and Senators, urging them to cosponsor the Homeless Children and Youth Act, or;
- Find the phone number of your US Representative and Senators, and use the provided talking points to urge them to cosponsor the legislation.
2. Sign your organization as a supporter of HCYA here.
3. Spread the word to community partners, colleagues, and others. HCYA Social Media Toolkit.